Up next

Innovator visas: what kind of business should I start in the UK (in 2020) ✅

Business Directory
Published on 26 Jul 2020 / In News & Politics

I am happy to speak with you. Message me on 📞 Whatsapp 00447398657846 or for legal advice and assistance email me at 📧 tom.bradford@freeths.co.uk

Read my detailed guide here: https://tom-bradford.com/innov....ator-visa-how-to-get

1️⃣ Innovator visas: what are the requirements you have to meet for all applications?

This section provides details on all the mandatory evidence required for all Innovator visa applications.

2️⃣Approved endorsers

• The Bakery
• Seed Camp
• Invest Northern Ireland
• Zinc
• Deep Science Ventures
• Wayra
• Ignite
• Bethnal Green Ventures
• Codebase
• Capital Enterprise
• Cylon
• TechX
• Seed Haus'
• Med City
• Scottish Edge
• Royal Society Edinburgh
• Tech Nation
• NatWest Entrepreneur Accelerator
• Royal Bank of Scotland Entrepreneur Accelerator
• Ulster Bank Entrepreneur Accelerator
• Set Squared Bristol
• Set Squared Exeter
• Set Squared Southampton
• Set Squared Surrey

Switching into the Innovator route is allowed for applicants who have, or were last granted, leave as a:

Start-up migrant:

Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) migrant
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant
Tier 2 migrant
Visitor who has been undertaking permitted activities as a prospective entrepreneur
Documents not in English: All documents you provide with an application must be in English or Welsh. If they are not, you must provide a copy of the original and a full translation which has been independently verified.

The translation must:

• confirm that it is an accurate translation of the original document
be dated
• include the full name and signature of the translator or an authorised official of
the translation company
• include the translator or translation company’s contact details
• be fully certified and include details of the translator or translation company’s credentials, if the applicant is applying in the UK

3️⃣ English language requirement:

• You must have at least a B2 level of English language ability, as defined in the Council of Europe’s common European framework for language and learning.
• You should satisfy the English language requirement by:

being a national of a majority English speaking country
passing an English language test

holding a degree which is:

✅ a UK Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD
✅ awarded by an establishment outside of the UK and is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree or a PhD
✅ deemed by UK NARIC to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a PhD in the UK, and is from an educational establishment in one of the following countries:

Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago and the United States of America

You can also meet the English language requirement, without the need to provide evidence, if they have ever been given permission to stay in the UK in one of the following categories:

Start up
Tier 1 (General)
Tier 1 (Post Study Work)
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) under the rules in place before 13 December 2012
Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)
Tier 4 (General), supported by a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies assigned on or after 21 April 2011

4️⃣Maintenance funds:

✔ Level of funding
✔ For entry clearance, you must show that you have at least £945 of available funds,
plus £630 funds for each dependant.
✔ If you cannot, the application will be refused, even if you have met all the other requirements.

5️⃣Verifying funding

To verify your funding, you must ensure:

✔ you have personal savings (in line with the appropriate levels of funding required) held for a consecutive 90 day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance on the statement), ending no more than 31 days before the date of your application
✔ the endorsing body confirms in the endorsement letter that it has awarded the appropriate amount of maintenance funding to the applicant

When the funds are in a currency other than pounds sterling, you must use the:

✔ rates published on the OANDA website to convert the amount
✔ exchange rate on the date of the application

6️⃣Acceptable funds

Evidence must be in the form of cash funds held in an account (this includes savings accounts and current accounts, even when notice must be given).

Show more
0 Comments sort Sort By

Up next